Peanut Butter Icing
Warning this is not fancy! This is not a cake that will be on the cover of any magazine! This is just a quick tip on how to make fast, easy Peanut Butter Icing!
My husband is a Valentine baby. For his birthday, he requested a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Sounds easy enough! However, but we are going on a trip for his birthday to a little vintage beach cottage on Tybee Island. So I need to come up with a way to travel with his request.
At first, I thought about purchasing a cake from what ever bakery is near our vacation rental. But then, day dream Tessa, crept into my mind and I imagined myself using the vintage kitchen that was part of the beach cottage. I could see the vintage bowls, tables and counters. It would feel like stepping back in time. (Exit day dream.)Finally, I decided that I would make my day dream come true, however I just needed to keep it simple.
So, the day before we went, I made the cake. I used a simple chocolate cake recipe and baked it in a heart shaped pan and then cut the cake in half to make two layers. Next I wrapped it up and packed it! Having the cake finished ahead of time meant that I only had to make the icing and assemble the cake on vacation.
We arrived at our beach cottage and the kitchen was exactly as I had imagined it. I set out to make my day dream come true. First I sent the guys out to the beach so that I could surprise them all with the cake.
In the end it was very quick to assemble and made our little vacation cottage feel like home.
- Chocolate cake recipe of your choice
- 1 cup Peanut butter of your choice
- 1 container of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
- I had packed my two simple ingredients: a jar of peanut butter and a container of Duncan Hines frosting creations. I chose this type of already prepared icing because it has zero flavoring already added.
- I placed all of the icing into the bowl, and stirred in about a cup of peanut butter. You can add more or less depending on how rich you want your icing.
- I then iced both layers and let my guys back in to celebrate!