Warning this is not fancy! This is not a cake that will be on the cover of any magazine! This is just a quick tip on how to make fast, easy Peanut Butter Icing!
My husband is a Valentines baby. For his birthday, he requested a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Sounds easy enough, but we were going on a trip for his birthday. How do you make that for travel?
At first, I thought about just purchasing a cake from what ever bakery is near our vacation rental. Then, I thought about how nice it would be to actually use the cute kitchen that we were about to rent. I just needed to keep it simple.
So, the day before we went I made the cake. I used a simple chocolate cake recipe. I used a heart shape pan and then cut the cake in half to make two layers. I wrapped it up and packed it! That way I only had to make the icing and assemble on vacation.
So while we were at our little cottage on Tybee, I sent my boys out to play so that I could get to work.
- Chocolate cake recipe of your choice
- 1 cup Peanut butter of your choice
- 1 container of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
- I had packed my two simple ingredients: a jar of peanut butter and a container of Duncan Hines frosting creations. I chose this type of already prepared icing because it has zero flavoring already added.
- I placed all of the icing into the bowl, and stirred in about a cup of peanut butter. You can add more or less depending on how rich you want your icing.
- I then iced both layers and let my guys back in to celebrate!